Takin’ it back to the old school…
Seeing the BOSCT update fire needs a little tending, I thought would be appropriate to come up with another recurring topic series for discussion.
The theme: favorite things we all grew up with.
This week’s topic is old school PBS shows, brought to you (in part) by nhak.
I’m sure all of us have enjoyed the greatness of public broadcasting at one time, or another. Perhaps not at all. While my family had cable TV growing up, I opted to watch PBS for hours upon end. I never gravitated to Sesame Street or Mr. Roger’s Neighborhood much, but everything else was fair game. Here are a few shows that I’ll never forget:
- Marty Stouffer’s Wild America
- The Inside Story with Slim Goodbody
- Voyage of the Mimi
- Mark Kistler’s Imagination Station
- The Woodwright’s Shop with Roy Underhill
- The Frugal Gourmet (before he turned pedophilliac and shit)
And lest I forget…
- The Joy of Painting, with Bob Ross